A new beautiful adventure is now on Steam Greenlight and it needs our vote to be an official part of Steam, The First Tree.
From the creator of Home is Where One Starts… comes The First Tree, a third-person exploration game centered around two parallel stories: a fox trying to find her missing family, and a young couple dealing with a tragedy in their own. Players take control of the fox on a poignant and beautiful journey that crescendos at the source of life, and perhaps results in an understanding of death. Along the way, players can uncover artifacts and stories from the young couple’s life as they too become intertwined in the fox’s journey towards The First Tree.
The game has a lot of key features such as:
- Nicely tailored for fans of games such as Journey, Firewatch, and Shelter.
- An emotional, intimate story by a one-man team with an ending you won’t soon forget.
- Featuring a gorgeous soundtrack by acclaimed artists like Message to Bears, Lowercase Noises, and Josh Kramer.
- A short game (about an hour and a half) with an inexpensive price point (~$5).
- Includes English subtitles along with an easy-to-use fan translation system.
- Trading cards and achievements are planned for launch.